Marlcliffe Primary School Governors in consultation with parents/carers have established a dress code for all children attending the school. We are very proud of our school uniform. We believe it enables us to promote a sense of pride in the school, engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school, is practical and smart, identifies the children with the school and makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance.
Parents and carers also tell us that you like your children to wear school uniform and welcome having a clear understanding of what your children are expected to wear for school. In light of this we have produced these clear guidelines for you about school uniform and PE kit, to enable your children to be ready for school and ready for learning at Marlcliffe.
If your child is not in full school uniform or ready for learning, we will contact you to discuss the matter. Please help us to keep up the high standards we expect for our children.
Please note there is no requirement for uniform to have the school logo on.
Our School Uniform
- Sweatshirt or jumper in red, with or without the school dragon logo. No hoodies to be worn in school please(required)
- Polo shirt or T shirt in red or white, with or without the school dragon logo (required)
- Skirt, trousers, shorts, pinafore dresses in grey or black (NO LEGGINGS, JEANS OR TRACKSUIT BOTTOMS PLEASE) (required)
- Red and white checked dress (optional)
- Sensible footwear including trainers (NO HEELS PLEASE) (required)
- There are no seasonal uniform rules but please ensure that children wear clothing suitable to the current climate
- No jewellery except watches and small stud earrings. Stud earrings must be removed for PE and games
What should I wear for PE?
- Black or navy shorts (required)
- White T shirt (NO FOOTBALL SHIRTS PLEASE) (required)
- Plimsolls or trainers (required)
- Change of socks (required)
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT NAMES ARE IN ALL CLOTHES ESPECIALLY JUMPERS. EVERY YEAR WE HAVE TO RECYCLE LOTS OF UN-NAMED, UNCLAIMED ITEMS.
School uniform order forms available from the office if you wish to order items with the dragon logo.
You can purchase items with the school logo from local suppliers 'The Stitch Factory' - this is the link to their website:
Another local supplier is School Branded Uniform - this is their website: